By: Talia Mathews Bellingham, WA
- ½ lb green beans trimmed and snapped in two
- 3 carrots –grated
- 1 clove garlic minced or crushed
- ½ green pepper-chopped
- 1 handful basil leaves-chopped
- 1 lemon cucumber or ½ large slicing cucumber-chopped
- 2 tomatoes-chopped (try to remove some of the seeds and juice before chopping into cubes
- Optional: ¼ cup sautéed red onion
- 1 TBLS olive oil
- 2 TBLS balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp crushed oregano
- 1’2 cup crumbled feta
- Optional: Toasted walnuts or pine nuts
- Lightly steam green beans for a few minutes until bright green but still crunchy.
- Rinse in cold water to stop cooking.
- Chop all veggies and combine in a large salad bowl.
- Add oil, vinegar, oregano and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle feta and nuts on top and serve.