3 TBLS olive oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup long-grain, converted white rice, or any rice of your choosing.
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp sea salt
fresh ground pepper to taste
1 lb swiss chard leaves (or beet greens)
2 1/2 cups water or vegetable stock
6 TBLS lemon juice
1/2 cup fresh dill
1. Heat olive oil in a 4-quart heavy pot.
2. Add the onions and garlic and cook slowly until soft, about 6 minutes.
3. Stir in the rice, nutmeg, salt and pepper, mixing well.
4. Stir in the water or stock.
5. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, until rice is tender. (Adjustments will have to be made if using a longer cooking brown rice.)
6. Remove from heat, stir in the lemon juice, then the dill, mixing well.
7. Adjust seasonings and serve.