It is best to use kubocha, buttercup, red kuri, or pumpkin.
one of the afor mentioned squash
seeds of the squash
1 small onions diced
1 small red pepper
1/2 green pepper
3 cloves garlic-minced or crushed
1/3 cut grated cheese (you could go any direction with this-cheddar, blue, Parmesan, feta)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut squash in half, scoop out seeds and pulp, but be sure to save the seeds.
2. Bake cut side down in a baking dish with a little water for steaming at 375 until almost done (about 30 minutes).
3. Meanwhile chop and saute the garlic, onion, peppers, and mushrooms in olive oil or butter until just tender. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Flip the squash over and fill the cavities with the saute mixture and sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs.
5. Bake for an additional 20 or so minutes until cheese is melted and the crumbs are browning.