Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Pre-cook frozen crust for 12 minutes
- 3 cups cooked, pumpkin
- 6 Tablespoons sugar (a mix of white and brown, all turbinado, or honey)
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove or allspice
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Blend all ingredients, except for whipping cream in a blender or food processor.
- Stir in 1 cup of heavy whipping cream to the puree.
- Pour into pre-baked pie crusts and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. The pies often take longer, but it is best to check them early. Bake until they are set.
Makes 2 – 8” pies.