Recipe from Georgia Johnson
- 2 lbs. of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can of pumpkin (16 oz.) or 2 cups of baked and mashed pumpkin
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 6 eggs
- Mix softened cream cheese and sugar in bowl until smooth, using a mixing paddle or beaters on low speed. Add pumpkin and spices. Mix well. Drop eggs into mixture, blending in one at a time. Scrape sides of bowl often.
- Pour filling into pan lined with graham cracker crust.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes, then lift pan a few inches above counter top and drop lightly to settle cheesecake. Gently smooth top with fingers to level.
- Refrigerate cheesecake until well chilled.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar to 2-1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, then mix in 4 ounces of melted butter. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Press onto bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.