We jokingly refer to this dish as “fast food,” despite the fact that it can take 45 minutes to an hour to bake. It is just so easy. All you have to do it chop, toss with oil, put in the oven and walk away.Ingredients: You can use any or all of the following:
- Potatoes- cubed. Any variety or a mix of many varieties will do.
- Garlic cloves-leave whole or mince, whatever your preference.
- Beets-scrubbed and cubed
- Carrots-cut in rounds or thin sticks
- Parsnips- cubed or cut into thin sticks
- Winter squash, cubed and skin peeled
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400
- Scrub and chop each veggie and put in a large bowl.
- Drizzle in enough olive oil to lightly coat veggies, mixing as you go.
- Pour everything into a glass casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally.
You can turn the heat up to 450 when the veggies are done for about 5 minutes to crisp them a little.