1 Ib green beans, trimmed
1/2 cup diced red onion
Vinaigrette for vegetables (See recipe below)
1/2 cup crubled blue cheese
1/3 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts*
Tomato wedges for garnish
Fresh basil leaves for garnish
* To toast hazelnuts, place nuts on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven and bake until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Wrap in a clean, rough towel and rub nuts together to remove most of the skins.
VINAIGRETTE FOR VEGETABLES
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil or 1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
-Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl
1) In a saucepan over medium heat, cook green beans in gently boiling salted water to cover until tender-crisp. 6-7 minutes.
2) Cool under cold running water and drain
3) Put in a medium bowl, add onion and Vinaigrette, and toss.
4) Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight
5) To serve, drain bean mixture and place on a plate. (reserve drained dressing for another use).
6) Sprinkle with blue cheese and hazelnuts, and garnish with tomato wedges and basil leaves.
From The Big Book Of Potluck, By Maryana Volstedt