Red Russian kale is our favorite for this dish, but any kale will do.
If you like it spicy, add a hot pepper of your choice to the mixture while it’s cooking.
- 1 bunch kale-chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic- chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbls ground cumin
- 6 tortillas of your choice
- grated cheddar or jack cheese
- sour cream
- Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in salt and cumin.
- Add chopped kale and cook about 4 more minutes until the kale is bright green and not yet soggy.
- Lightly oil a wide skillet and put a scoop of filling in ½ of a tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese, fold in half, and lightly brown both sides.
- Enjoy with salsa and sour cream.