3-4 tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), seeded, chopped, and drained
1 large cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and chopped
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp dried oregano (or 1/2 tsp fresh oregano)
1/4 tsp salt
Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts*
* To toast pine nuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread nuts on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Watch carefully because they burn easily!
1) In a large bowl combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell peppers and parsley.
2) In a small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper to taste.
3) Pour oil mixture over the vegetbales and toss.
4) Cover and refridgerate several hours.
5) before serving, gently stir in feta, scatter olives, and sprinkle pine nuts on top.
From The Big Book Of Potluck, By Maryana Vollstedt