3 Garden cucumbers, halved length-wise, seeded, and thinly sliced*
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup chopped green onions, including some tender green tops
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
Freshly ground pepper
*Garden cucumbers are not waxed and do not need peeling, unless desired.
1) Arrange cucumber slices in 3 layers in a shallow bowl, sprinkling each layer lightly with some of the salt.
2) Lay a paper towel on top of the cucumbers and place another bowl on top to weigh them down.
3) Let stand 1 hour at room temp.
4) Rinse cucumbers, pat them dry with towel, and put in a clean medium bowl.
5) In a small bowl, stir together green onions, sour cream, sugar, vinegar, and pepper to taste.
6) Add mixture to the cucumbers and mix well. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
From The Big Book Of Potluck, By Maryana Volstedt