Adapted from the Moosewood Cookbook
Perfect for fall and winter to warm your belly on those cool, crisp nights.
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3-4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion
- 4+ cloves garlic
- 2+ teaspoons dill seed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- about 1 cup milk
- 2 cups grated cheddar (the sharper the better)
1. In a soup pot, sauté in olive oil all the veggies and spices starting with onion and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Simmer veggies in just enough water to cover them. Cook until soft.
3. Purée veggies until smooth. Return to soup pot and add milk and cheese. Stir well and simmer for 5-10 minutes more.