2 cups chicken broth, vegetable broth or water
1 1/2 cups couscous
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup chopped green onion, including some tender green tops
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, plus whole leaves for garnish
2 garlic cloves, minced
3-4 plum tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups)
1 small cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, diced
Lemon-Herb Dressing (recipe below)
1) In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring broth to a boil and stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 5 minutes.
2) Fluff couscous with a fork and cool slightly.
3) Add parsley, green onions, chopped mint, garlic, tomatoes, and cucumber.
4) Add enough dressing to coat and gently mix. Coer and refrigerate several hours before serving.
5) Serve cold, garnished with whole mint leaves.
Juice 1 lemon (about 3 Tbs)
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp dried thyme (1/2 tsp fresh, chopped)
1/2 tsp dried oregano (1 tsp fresh, chopped)
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
1/3 cup olive oil
– In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients, except olive oil. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
Makes about 2/3 cup
From The Great Book Of Potluck, By Maryana Vollstedt