From Vegetarian Cooking For Everyone by Deborah Madison
1 1/2 lbs turnips and/or rutabagas
salt and freshly milled pepper
2 TBLS butter or sunflower oil
1 TBLS finely chopped parsley
2 tsp chopped tarragon or thyme
2 TBLS snipped chives
1 garlic clove. minced
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs browned in 1 TBLS butter or oil
1. Peel, then dice the turnips and rutabagas into 1/2 inch cubes.
2. Boil them separately in salted water until they’re tender-firm, about 12 minutes for the turnips and 20 minutes for the rutabagas. Drain.
3. Melt the butter in a wide skillet. When foamy, add the vegetables and saute over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden.
4. Toss with herbs and garlic, taste for salt, and season with pepper.
5. Remove to a serving dish and scatter the crisped bread crumbs over the top.