3 fennel bulbs, trimmed and split lengthwise
1 tablespoon softened butter
Coarse salt and ground pepper (to taste)
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
4 sprigs thyme
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2) Boil 3 fennel bulbs until tender, about 15 minutes.
3) Drain fennel, cut side down, on paper towels, 5 minutes.
4) Place fennel, cut side up, in a buttered 8-inch square baking dish and brush with the softened butter.
5) Season with coarse salt and ground pepper and top with Parmesan and thyme sprigs
6) Bake until cheese is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Provided by a CSA member, from marthastewart.com