By our neighbor Bill
This recipe is so easy and makes a fabulous side dish or appetizer.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 medium slicing tomatoes
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan
- Slice eggplant into ¼ inch rounds. Brush with olive oil and bake at 400 for about 7 minutes until soft, but not all the way cooked.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the tops with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Return to oven and bake another 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and browning slightly.
- Slice tomatoes to ¼ inch thick rounds.
- Serve each eggplant round with a slice of tomato on top.